Cold War

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://english.pravda.ru/world/americas/07-03-2006/76970-democracy-0

Why does Bush insist in sticking his nose in where it does not belong? :rolleyes:

............and what about the title of the document the US Council issued, "Russia’s Wrong Direction: What the United States Can and Should Do." Diplomacy at its best I see :rolleyes:

Maybe his nose is out of joint because Russia offered to process uranium for Iran :LOL:

Let's hope Tony does the wise thing - and stays out of it !!

Sponsored Links
It would seem to me that Russia is a country governed by its Mafia. It's in everyone's interest that they are prevented from dealing with Iran and Nth Korea.

Why do you have a problem with this?

joe

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Why do you have a problem with this?

joe

My problem is more with the fact that Bush is yet again interfering with the politics of another country. I was going to say, 'how would we like it if Bush tried to tell Britain what to do' - but that has already happened :LOL: :LOL:

hermes said:
Putin is a strong leader. Russia is becoming richer and stronger and the US has no desire for competition in the power game. It will probably end in tears.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/russia/article/0,,1774040,00.html

Yes, I agree - the US leaders feel very threatened and having been to Russia several times, I can see that there is much wealth there now. It is still a 'suspicious' country, but that is not surprising with the changes on political direction it has endured over the decades.

Many years were spent in promoting relations between 'east' and 'west', and this could be easily upturned by the sporadic actions of an egotist :LOL:

Gary_M said:
Yes, I agree - the US leaders feel very threatened and having been to Russia several times, I can see that there is much wealth there now. It is still a 'suspicious' country, but that is not surprising with the changes on political direction it has endured over the decades.
:

I think that these suspicions have their roots in Stalin's communist regime, which was such a truly awful time that it's legacy is still felt. Add to that the corruption inherrent in the administrative system for so many years and it's not surprising that the population are a tad on the wary side.

Sponsored Links
Back