Cold water feed for fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently having various building works undertaken which have proved to be a nightmare despite the presence of both a project manager and architect.

One of the many latest sagas is the cold water feed required for the fridge freezer in the new kitchen extension. It is my belief that they forgot to install it as they have installed feeds to hot and cold tap as well as washing machine and dishwasher - all been buried within screed that has been laid. They have said that the plan for fridge freezer was to always run a pipe down the wall from the boiler cupboard which sits in room above the fridge area. Is this normal or would you normally expect the water feed to be installed similar to the sink supply and run under the floor (which would be about 2 metres in distance.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are no drawings except for CAD showing utility requirements for kitchen, including cold feed location for fridge freezer. As things stand running a pipe down wall from boiler area is the simpler option as otherwise it would mean having to possibly dig up part of newly laid screed. I'm told this is what was always planned - but I question whether this is true given the other cold feeds laid elsewhere in kitchen. The same applies for the outside tap where they are also planning to run the pipe from upstairs down into the kitchen and then outside.

Sponsored Links
sounds like they forgot and have come up with a solution, to minimise their time/cost, big question is are you happy enough with it or do you want to push them to cut up the screed, measure pipe runs for either option and if their option uses much more pipe question why they are wasting your money

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back