Cold water under kitchen sink leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I had a new kitchen sink fitted a couple of weeks ago - plumbing was also installed for the washing machine. I then fit the washing machine in myself. It worked perfectly until I used the washing machine and the cold water pipe under the kitchen sink went bananas and started spraying everywhere.

I've isolated the cold water by turning the little screw but the valves either side are still dripping (you can see the drips in the photo attached). Apologies for the bad descriptions and the image is sideways. There's a six month warranty for the work that was done but I was warned over the phone that if the problem is not down to workmanship then I'll have to pay the hourly rate to fix it.

My question is does this leak look like something that will be covered by the warranty? Can I fix it myself? I'm reluctant to do anything in case I make it worse.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Used wrong fitting

Ditto, brass nut on top isn't the nut that came with the valve, it should be chrome coloured.

If the flow is at the top and that's where the leak is, turning the valve won't help.

...and most pros don't use ptfe on those fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back