Help! Kitchen Water Leak.

You need to pull out the washing machine , and investigate what's behind it to find out where the source of the leak is.

Sponsored Links
You need to pull out the washing machine , and investigate what's behind it to find out where the source of the leak is.

I can’t pull the machine out. Anyway, the people who installed it, will have a look at it on Wednesday.

the fact that I’ve not used it recently

I've known this happen with a washing machine when it stopped being used daily.

The electrically-operated fill valve contained rust and scale residue from recent plumbing work. This prevented it sealing shut correctly and water dripped into the tub.

When the washer was being used frequently, the water just got used as part of the wash cycle, and the tub was pumped empty at the end.

When the washer was no longer used, the drip continued to fill the tub until it overflowed.

You might detect this by giving the tub a bit of a turn by hand. If there is much water in the tub, you will hear it splashing about.

Turning off the water supply valve under the sink will be a temprary workround. I have an idea a callout to change the fill valve will cost around £50-£100. Bosch valves are non-standard and more expensive than most. It can be a DIY repair if you are handy.

Your problem might not have the same cause.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back