Collapsed Wall Around Window Helpppppp !!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys n Gals,

Would really appreciate some advice on the following issues

I am in the middle of stripping our box room out to turn into a nursery for our new born he is already 8 weeks and i need to get this finished as soon as poss so all help very much appreciated.

After removing old window sill discovered loose bricks and render I will attach pics so you can see exactley what I am facing, I do not know how serious it is and whether i should attempt the repairs myself and if so where do i start and of course finish or should i pay a proffesional.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Top tip - don't remove the windowsill unless you really have to as this sort of thing nearly always happens!!

Seriously though if it is only the bricks that are missing from the photo that are loose then nothing to worry about, and a good/simple little DIY repair. If the bricks that came off are ok just clean them up (removing old mortar) clean up what you are left with under the window, and rebuild. Don't be tempted to refix the window board until the mortar is hard as you will dislodge it all again (but that depends on how you are going to refix it as there are a number of ways).

The hardest part will actually be the patching in of the wall under the window board which is a skill that comes with practice! If all else fails this wouldn't take a builder very long to repair so if you aren't confident get a quote from someone who comes recommended (I always prefer recommendations to Yellow Pages).

Good luck

Sponsored Links
This is exactly the repairs I'm doing at the moment in our house. Pretty easy to resolve like another poster suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back