collapsible bench seats?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm having a big birthday dinner next weekend so am frantically trying to construct some extra table/seating out of 24mm birch ply. As I live in a small flat it all has to be collapsible so it can be stored under a bed. The table is easy - am gluing up some trestles at the moment that a peice of ply will sit on.
The seating however is a bit more complicated. My plan is to make bench seats, and I'm thinking of using cross dowels (bed bolts) to hold it them together, but I thought someone might have a brighter idea . . .

thanks for any ideas!

Huey

Sponsored Links
scaffold boards 2 milk /beer crates /stackable heavy boxes each end

scaffold boards 2 milk /beer crates /stackable heavy boxes each end

You forgot to mention to make it a proper job he will need cable ties to hold the milk crates together for the evening.

And the prize for pass the parcel could be a pair twesers

226-08.JPG

thanks for your input guys! I don't get the tweezers though??? what's all that about??

Sponsored Links
pig - for the splinters in the arse from the scaffold boards ... mind that would probably be a good party game - see who could pull the most out :LOL:

Edit: just noticed that the Forum automatically censored my term for bottom ... lets try an experiment - Arsenal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back