colour of floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas or help with my orange floor - I sanded down and used a clear hard wax oil on the foorboards but i am unhappy with the colour it is almost orange, can i use a hard wax oil with a stain in in on top or do i have to sand the floor down again which fills me with horror
Jill

Sponsored Links
Presuming you have pine boards? A natural finish tends to bring out the typical orange look that pine has.

with a colour, the pigment is absorbed most with the first coat. So it is a matter of trying out in a small area if a second with a coloured HardWaxOil would give you the result you're after.
If not, then resanding is the job to do I'm afraid and start with a coloured first coat.

Thank you for your advice, i have ordered some colour tester hard wax oil from your company and hope that i am able to alter the colour without the awful job of resanding
cheers
jill

Sponsored Links
Many thanks.
Feel free to contact us if you need more information or tips on this matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back