Sealing a floor after oiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just sanded our Birch floor (hall & lounge) and applied a hard wax oil.

As the sanding job was a nightmare I really want to make sure that I don't have to do it again.

Is there anything I can apply to the floor after the hard wax oil has cured? I have been searching the fourm and Traffic Wax has been mentioned a couple of times.

Has anyone got any experience of using this?

Cheers

Russ

Sponsored Links
Have you applied two coats of hardwaxoil???

which brand have you used? On Blanchon you can easily use leha/lecol maintenance products, like StepStop or PowerWax.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have applied two coats of osmo polyx oil. But have to admit that we are using rugs after 2 days to try and protect the floor.

Before I sanded the floor it was covered with a varnish so we could just mop the floor when dirty.

Cheers

Russ

Remove the rugs! HardWaxOil needs 10 days to cure completely, it will stay soft and sticky now: ruining the floor you are trying to protect!

You can use cleaning soap every one or two weeks (well wrung out cloth) and apply a maintenance product every 5 -6 months.

Sponsored Links
Wax-Care from Saicos or PowerWax from leha/lecol - we and our clients use them all the time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back