Coloured Ecoslide/Roseview PVC sash windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'm looking into getting some uPVC sashes to replace old timber ones.

Because I'm in a conversation zone - these will be Roseview at the front, and then Ecoslide at the rear.

I'd like to have the anthracite painted versions - my current sashes are dark and I prefer this to white. But have heard they can scratch easily, as the paint isn't in the PVC, but is painted on top.

Has anyone had any experience of this ?
Any idea how vulnerable to scratching/chipping they are ?

Thanks, M

Sponsored Links
Are you getting painted or foiled? Most Anthracite Grey is a foil rather than paint on upvc. Honestly, yes they can be scratched but it's not that easy. If they are painted ( rather than foiled ), as long as they are done by a proper company they should be fine, we fitted black sprayed windows , probably 17/18 years ago in a customers house, he's never had any issues. A foiled/painted window may scratch if hit with something hard, but so would a white window. No one could ever guarantee that any pvc product won't scratch

Thanks for this Ronnie. You've gone some way to putting my mind at ease :)

For some reason the quote I've had (from a recommended company) mentions the Roseview being foiled just on the inside... the rest (Ecoslide) are quoted as all painted as opposed to foiled. I'm not sure why - I'll find out.

This is kind of what I hoped - I don't see a situation where they'd be hit. Maybe it's more a risk of scratching with the sliding of the sashes in the channels etc.
It's the fella from the company who told me about the possible chipping etc. I guess maybe he's just covering himself.

Sponsored Links
Are you getting painted or foiled? Most Anthracite Grey is a foil rather than paint on upvc. Honestly, yes they can be scratched but it's not that easy. If they are painted ( rather than foiled ), as long as they are done by a proper company they should be fine, we fitted black sprayed windows , probably 17/18 years ago in a customers house, he's never had any issues. A foiled/painted window may scratch if hit with something hard, but so would a white window. No one could ever guarantee that any pvc product won't scratch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back