Coloured varnish and yacht varnish together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had the pleasure recently of sanding the downstairs floors and now have Ronseal Diamond Hard Coloured Varnish which I have used to do the dining room floor. Unfortunately after discovering woodworm infestation in the living room had to re-sand dining room.
Now I am back to square one I want to ensure that the covering I do will take years of strain. Already bought the coloured varnish which appears to be the best on the market if you're not buying trade.
I was wondering if I could get away with applying a couple of coats of clear yacht varnish on top of 3 or 4 coats of coloured varnish to make sure it lasts.

Has anyone attempted this and if so has the original coloured varnish still kept its appearance.
It just seems that on re-sanding the dining room the diamond hard coloured varnish did come off fairly easy despite an application of 4 coats when manufacturer recommends 3.

Hoping to do it this weekend although wouldn't have to apply the yacht varnish on top straight away.

Look forward to hearing your views. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hiya - I am about to use Ronseal diamond hard coloured floor varnish and saw your post - how did the job go? Were you pleased with the result? Would appreciate your feedback!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back