Combi 25 HE inlet leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Combi 24 HE boiler that is leaking from the refill inlet - both at the mains end and the boiler end. It is a very slow drip from both ends, but the boiler end leak means that the boiler keeps losing pressure and needs frequent refilling.

As you'll see in the picture, there is no tap on the mains end - to refill I have to use pliers to turn the bolt to start the flow. To stop, I have to put it in precisely the right position - i.e. if I turn either clockwise or counter-clockwise from 90 degrees the water will start flowing - I have tried turning this small amounts but I still get a small drip.

There are two black taps (pictured) and also some other taps below (also pictured) but I am not sure if I should be turning anything else off once it has been refilled. Hope that makes sense, happy to post additional pictures if helpful.

Many thanks in advance for the help!

Seth

Sponsored Links
Your boiler has a built in filling loop, thats what the two black handles just above the braided hose are, but as you have another filling loop there just get the valves replaced, a new loop will come with two shut off valves and put the check valve on the right side (should be on the mains water side).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back