Combi boiler drips briefly when switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've searched and can't find anything that quite matches my problem.

I've got a Baxi combi boiler and sometime in the last week or so it's started to drip from the casing on the underneath right hand side. It seems to only happen whithin a minute or so of the boiler completely shutting down (ie when it goes completely silent). It also seems to need the boiler to have been running for a good few minutes for it to happen. And (for now at least) it seems to only be maybe 4 or 5 big drips then it stops.

I've also noticed that the pressure guage is right down to zero, but when we moved into the house a couple of months ago it was on 0.5. I'm not automatically making the assumption that the two are related... one thing I've found from googling is that bleeding the radiators can cause a drop in pressure and some of our rads seem to have those self-bleeding valves.

I know very little about heating systems so any advice would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Could be something as simple as a guffed air vent on the pump.

Pressure gauge should be between 1 and 1.5, and it takes very little for the pressure to go down.

If you are new to the area my advice is to find a couple of neighbours and ask them for recommendations.

You may not have found the answer; but believe me, it has been covered here many many times.

Have a look at the suggestions on the bottom of the screen.

This sort of thing commonly happens where a boiler hasn't been serviced in a while and a couple of things need attention, and a few more need checking.
Do a search on Pressure Vessel, and PRV, for a start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back