Combi boiler & hot water flow - dumb question

i'd keep the Radiant boiler if the aternative was a Poxy Batterton heap i would not sell a potty boiler to my worst enemy

just as a good example of their rubbish went to a performa 28 last night - no water pressure in system - refilled - switch on - nothing - reset still nothing fault code on 70 degree light - dismantle pressure differential and check diaphragm - put back in - reset boiler - fan runs 3 seconds - fault code on 30 & 50 reset fault code 40 give up and go home
this morning back to it reset runs normally for 20 minutes then reverts back to fault 70 no amount of reset will get it going - ring poxy's technical did pcb get wet he asks, no i reply but to be on safe side take pcb out and check- no water evident ring twits again check temperature sensor he says and if its 11mg ohms or less its the board!

will see on monday if he has cost me a BOARD !

NEVER will i ever fit any of that groups products ever again.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Kitchen taps are often restrictive. Add up al the mains taps you've got , when they're on together.

Be aware that that 11 li/min has to supply everything in the house, washing machine, toilets etc.

Whilst its just enough to use the boiler to its capacity its not very ideal.

However as Chris says see if you can measure more flow.

Tony

Thanks for the replies re. flow.

All the taps on at once gives me a total of 20.5 litres per minute (bath 7.5;basin 4;kitchen 9). I live in London.

any comments? (re. hot water flow!)
w-j.

Sponsored Links
If thats all derived from the mains then you could even get a more powerful boiler but the gas pipe size MUST be upgraded as required.

I had assumed you were in Walthamstow. But I was not sure if that was still London though. Isn't it near the East End? Whitechapel Road, Brick Lane and Bow Bells?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back