Combi Boiler Hot water preasure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,I was just wondering if it is possible to increase the pressure/flow from the hot tap when using a combi boiler(Vailliant ecotec 28 pro)
It's really bad.
Also even with the hot water temp set to max(65)it really isn't hot enough for me.
Can this be adjusted or is it pre set for "eco friendly" reasons?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Unless it is a blocked filter or partially close stopcock or service valve there is not much you can do.

That boiler will run at 11 litres per minute at 35 degrees temperature rise.

Or thereabouts.

If you are not getting 11 litres per minute there are special pumps you can use.

65c is too hot to hold your hand under. Either you have asbestos hands or your boiler isn't giving you the required HW.

As for the pressure/flow, is it one tap or all taps. What's the cold like?

There is no adjustments that can be made to the boiler.

65c is too hot to hold your hand under. Either you have asbestos hands or your boiler isn't giving you the required HW.
It doe get hot I was just used to it being hotter.I like my baths a bit hotter to be honest!

As for the pressure/flow, is it one tap or all taps. What's the cold like?

There is no adjustments that can be made to the boiler.
It does get hot I was just used to it being hotter.I like my baths a bit hotter to be honest!
The cold tap pressure is absolutely fine.About 4 times the speed of the hot tap!

Sponsored Links
Unless it is a blocked filter or partially close stopcock or service valve there is not much you can do.

That boiler will run at 11 litres per minute at 35 degrees temperature rise.

Or thereabouts.

If you are not getting 11 litres per minute there are special pumps you can use.
I'm sorry Dan I don't now the technical details of the fittings of the boiler I'm afraid?

Does your boiler have a scale reducer fitted on the mains inlet? This is the fourth pipe from the left.

How old is the boiler?

Sounds like you might have a badly scaled plate heat exchanger that is restricting the flow more than it should.

Has the problem got worse over time?

Is the valve on the fourth pipe where it connects to the boiler fully open?

I've thought about the 35 litres per minute and I really don't think it's putting out anywhere near that.About 15 minutes gets me to about 1/3 of my bath.
I'm actually gonna run the water for a minute and see how many litre bottles it fulls.So after just 1 minute there should be 35 litres of water?

Does your boiler have a scale reducer fitted on the mains inlet? This is the fourth pipe from the left.

How old is the boiler?

Sounds like you might have a badly scaled plate heat exchanger that is restricting the flow more than it should.

Has the problem got worse over time?

Is the valve on the fourth pipe where it connects to the boiler fully open?
This is juts a brand new combi fitted just less than 2 months ago!

While running the hot water press the 'i' button on the front of the boiler. This will display the status. Does it read S53?

Oh it's that new. It won't have the 'i' button then. But I can't imagine it would have circulation problems yet anyway. Was the system flushed?

There are 5 copper pipes.4 larger ones and a small one at the end that looks as though it's going outside?On the 4th and 5th pipes there is a silver braided pipe that connects to the two pipes,and both of them have a black valve on each?

Oh it's that new. It won't have the 'i' button then. But I can't imagine it would have circulation problems yet anyway. Was the system flushed?
It was all new radiators and some new under floor pipework(for CH)so apparently it didn't need flushed?

11 litres a minute ;) you would a slightly bigger boiler to give 35 litres a minute.

I've thought about the 35 litres per minute and I really don't think it's putting out anywhere near that.About 15 minutes gets me to about 1/3 of my bath.
I'm actually gonna run the water for a minute and see how many litre bottles it fulls.So after just 1 minute there should be 35 litres of water?

What 35 litres?

What 35 litres?
I read the 35 degrees as 35 litres.Doh:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back