Combi Boiler Hot water preasure

The braided hose is the filling loop. Forget the valves at either end of that.
If you follow the fourth pipe up to where it connects to the boiler there is a brass valve. This can be opened and closed with a flat screwdriver or small Allen key. The line where you can put a screwdriver should be inline with the flow of water.
Is the water only lukewarm?

Sponsored Links
If you follow the fourth pipe up to where it connects to the boiler there is a brass valve. This can be opened and closed with a flat screwdriver or small Allen key. The line where you can put a screwdriver should be inline with the flow of water.
Here's a picture of of the pipework.
20140607_223244.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you hold your hand under it for long enough it does get warm.I would just i possible like it a bit warmer for baths.
I'm looking at getting a shower installed anyway.
It's just my mum has a ferolli combi and her water is really hot.I don't know if they can be set higher than mine.She's had it installed for quite a few years too!

It's unlikely the valve is going to be shut but it's worth checking. It's on the underside of the boiler.

Third time lucky ;)

Follow the fourth pipe all the way to the brass connection at the boiler. The valve can be operated with a flat headed screwdriver. Make sure the slot for the screwdriver is pointing forward. If it's not then it will be restricting the flow. I don't know any other way to explain it so just follow what I've written.

Here's a picture of of the pipework.
20140607_223244.jpg
From a plumber/installers point of view does the quality of this work look ok?

It's unlikely the valve is going to be shut but it's worth checking. It's on the underside of the boiler.

Third time lucky ;)

Follow the fourth pipe all the way to the brass connection at the boiler. The valve can be operated with a flat headed screwdriver. Make sure the slot for the screwdriver is pointing forward. If it's not then it will be restricting the flow. I don't know any other way to explain it so just follow what I've written.
Yes it is indeed.Thanks very much.

If there is circulation problems which there are a number of causes a vaillant can go into reduced setting. You can check this by:

Running the hot tap and leaving it running.

Press any button on the display of boiler. This will light the screen and activate the buttons.

Press the top two buttons simultaneously to bring up the menu.

There should be an option along the lines of live status I think.

It should read S14 once the burner is lit. Keep the tap running for a few minutes. If it says S53 at any point then you have circulation problems and the boiler isn't running at full capacity to avoid overheating.

If there is circulation problems which there are a number of causes a vaillant can go into reduced setting. You can check this by:

Running the hot tap and leaving it running.

Press any button on the display of boiler. This will light the screen and activate the buttons.

Press the top two buttons simultaneously to bring up the menu.

There should be an option along the lines of live status I think.

It should read S14 once the burner is lit. Keep the tap running for a few minutes. If it says S53 at any point then you have circulation problems and the boiler isn't running at full capacity to avoid overheating.
Thank you my friend.I'll do this in the morning when running my bath so as not to waste any water or gas.I'll report back.P.s with regards to the picture does the install look ok?

Yes and no.

It's been piped up correctly but there's no scale reducer on the cold water main feeding the boiler and there's no filter (i.e. A Magnaclean) on the return.
I would ALWAYS fit these components on boiler. If it wasn't power flushed and without a filter , depending on how dirty the system was before, it's possible it could have circulation problems.

Without a filter these boilers are sensitive to magnetite and I wouldn't bet against you having a blocked water pressure within 2 years.

Yes and no.

It's been piped up correctly but there's no scale reducer on the cold water main feeding the boiler and there's no filter (i.e. A Magnaclean) on the return.
I would ALWAYS fit these components on boiler. If it wasn't power flushed and without a filter , depending on how dirty the system was before, it's possible it could have circulation problems.

Without a filter these boilers are sensitive to magnetite and I wouldn't bet against you having a blocked water pressure within 2 years.
How much would it cost to buy these parts and have them fitted?Would it have needed a power flush if it was a whole new sytem that was fitted?Ie,all new radiators and pipework etc?

No not if it's a whole new system. But they would have needed to flush out the flux from the pipes by running the system with cleanser in and draining down. It wouldn't have needed a power flush.
They clearly don't take much pride in their work. If I was doing a whole new installation the pipework would look much, much better than that. I assumed they had swapped an old combi for a new one and just connected onto existing pipework.

Obviously as I'm in london the prices are different for labour. But the materials - a Magnaclean and a scale reducer would be just over a hundred pounds and I would probably charge a little more than the same again to install them both. Probably £220 + vat all in.

Second thoughts that might be a bit cheap. Depends how long it takes to drain down. No more than £250+vat.

A wee update.With regards to the water pressure on the hot tap,I've noticed that the sink isn't affected?The pressure is fine on the hot tap in the bathroom sink but the bath is a whole different matter.
Does this give any further indication as to what could be causing it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back