Combi Boiler - Hot Water

Seems that way. The kitchen tap is ~8 l/min hot water only and drops to ~3.5l/min when adding the cold to get it to a desirable temp.

Yes cold water is ~13l/min.

I'll try reducing the hot water temperature so need less cold water to get a reasonable temperature

Thanks for all your help. Feel a lot better knowing what's going on!

Sponsored Links
I'd definitely double check the boiler hasn't been piped up backwards on the hot and cold

If you got good flow rate at the taps but maintenance menu is saying 6ltrs a mins it's as @martyndc88 has said above or something is passing for definite!

That'll be the issue

WB senior engineer came again this morning

I asked them to check that the boiler had been piped up correctly and he confirmed it was fine.

He couldn't find anything else wrong - suggested getting the bath tap changed as it should be a thermostatic mixer rather than just a normal mixer (?) tap and to call the water board. I'm pretty sure he kept saying pressure when he meant flow rate, but I'm no plumber...........

I'm thinking there must be a blockage somewhere. That or I need very high flow rate taps and shower head so to get a normal warm temperature, the hot water flow rate is enough to keep the boiler on!

Not sure there's anything else I can do at the moment - perhaps replacing some taps and reducing the hot water temperature at the boiler further.

Thanks all for your help, it's comforting to know it's definitely a flow rate problem, even if I can't fix it right now (even though the WB guys wouldn't listen and kept thinking it was overheating until I showed them when it cut off at 2.5l/min flow rate!)

Cheers

Plank

Sponsored Links
If you are certain that's it's Purely a flow issue when running hot water then you could always fit a booster pump on your hot water pipe as it exits the boiler. As long as your mains water pipe coming in can deliver the water. I did fit a pump once and the mains was so restricted that it would just pull the main dry. Had to lay a new mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back