Combi boiler in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi if installing a combi boiler in a bathroom does it need to be at least 0.6 meters from a bath or shower?

Sponsored Links
Not all boilers can be put in zone two, confirm with the manufacturer if you are not sure

Sponsored Links
can boilers not be installed in zone 1 or 2 then?
You do have to refer to the manufacturers instructions regarding fitting gas boilers in bathrooms.
Electrically you are very limited in what you can install within zone 1 and 2 because the product will have to have an suitable IP rating.
Worcester Bosch, for example, say any boiler installation must comply with current IEE regulations and can be installed within zones in the bathroom dependant on the individual boiler IPX rating.
The bottom line is you would have to ring the manufacturers themselves if it isn't clear in their manual.

can boilers not be installed in zone 1 or 2 then?

No boiler currently can be in zone 1, zone 2 quite a few can, As above really.

What boiler is it and i will tell you.

Thanks was looking at an ideal independent or logic but think I read they can't be in zone 2 is that correct?

Can you recommend any boilers that can be fitted in zone 2. Thanks

I am finding it difficult to find a boilers you can buy today, that can not be installed in zone 2, it appears the IP rating is up to par, never used to be.

All installers are going to have their preferred brand, get a recommendation off someone you trust, have a look in to Intergas, Worchester Bosch, Valiant, you can get 7 year warranty on some of these with a accredited installer.

You rate boilers by the hot water demand, not the heating which is range rated, so make sure the low flow rates of a combi is what you are really after, else, also look in to unvented cylinders

Have fun weekend :mrgreen:

Thanks so are you saying must boilers can be installed in zone 2 these days? I.e less than 0.6meters from the bath or shower?

Yeah, there is a lot of plastic in them, which leads people to think that, still a 7 year warranty if installed by accredited installer and 10 years on the heat exchanger.

Every manufacturer has there good and bad boilers and every installer will have a preference, Intergas seems to be the boiler plumbers are raving about at the minute, i don;t think they are particularly special in comparison to what else is on the market and i am a approved installer for them.

Atmos is a slight variation of the Intergas
Viessmann and Broag both good too,

About 95% of the internals are common to each other these days, HX/gas valve/fan etc It is the circuitry and how well they have screwed it together and thought about the layout, that sets them apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back