Combi boiler in bathroom

Thanks so are you saying must boilers can be installed in zone 2 these days? I.e less than 0.6meters from the bath or shower?

Yes, remember i am talking about boilers, not timers or stats, which you would still need to check, unless you are using a non mechanical timer.

Sponsored Links
Most boilers and controls can be fitted in a bathroom as long as inside a lockable cupboard or compartment.

But before choosing that location remember hot steamy atmospheres are not ideal for electronic equipment.

Tony

Thanks for the help, how come ideal state, even if put in a cupboard they need to be installed beyond zone 2 further than 0.6meters from the bath but most boilers don't.

Ideal are not suitable to put anywhere, not just in a bathroom :LOL:

It is because they do not have a suitable IP rating, where as say Glow Worm, which i think were the first, make sure all boilers have the needed IP rating for that zone.

Sponsored Links
I assume the isolator for the boiler would have to be in a suitable enclosure if in zones 1 or 2 ?

Regards,

NA

I assume the isolator for the boiler would have to be in a suitable enclosure if in zones 1 or 2 ?
Anything permitted in Zones 1 or 2 has to be in a 'suitable enclosure' in order to achieve the required IP rating. If you're talking about an FCU, a switched one would not be allowed in Zones 1 or 2 and an unswitched one (hardly an 'isolator') would obviously have to be IPX4. The obvious place for an isolator is 'outside of the zones'!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back