bathroom bonding and central heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, 3 scenarios, will be interesting to find out what peoples take of what a spark is required to do. all are combis 40 y/old properties and no bonding in bathroom has been done.

1. brand new full system, boiler in kitchen, new rad in bathroom.

2. combi swap in kitchen existing rad in bathroom.

3. std to combi, boiler in airing cupboard in bathroom, existing rad in bathroom.

discuss....

Sponsored Links
Depending on what work the sparks has done and in what room will depend on what supp bonding should be done to...

I believe if theres no extra work in a bathroom then the supp bonding is not a requirement, its a an advisory.

Again Kitchens depends what work has been done. and location of works.

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG HERE GUYS....

I'll take no.1:

Supply from board to boiler.
Wiring centre, pumps, valves, programmer, thermostat, etc.

Bond radiator to lighting circuit.
Check, (and add/replace where required), bonding throughout house including X-bonding hot and colds and X-bonding central heating. Check main bond to water/gas etc.

Sponsored Links
with all due respect i dont need the answer. just thought it would be useful for others who perhapes dont use the regs book to know what the solution is.

and besides, whats detached buildings have to do with this thread?

ELZ4742 said:
whats stopping a d.i.yer doing bonding?

Not a lot, but "Reasonable provision shall be made in the design and installation of electrical installations in order to protect persons operating, maintaining or altering the installations from fire or injury."
If it is not done correctly the it will not comply with P1
and besides, whats detached buildings have to do with this thread?
Are you reading BS7671:2001?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back