Combi Boiler - Intermittent Humming/Banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We recently had Main 24he Combi boiler installed. After the heating has been on for a bit we suddenly get a humming which can progress into a banging. This can be cured sometimes by turning some of the TRV's off or, otherwise by simply turning the boiler off for 10 mins or so. There is also some air rushing in the system too.

I don't know if both are related but would be grateful for some sound (excuse the pun) advice.

Thanks

Tim

Sponsored Links
Has the boiler been adapted onto an old system, i.e old pipework?

do you have thermostatic radiator valves fitted and if so how old are they?

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you have poor circulation in the system. This can be caused by various problems, sludge in system, lazy pump etc.

Personally i would check the pumps operation and add a bottle of sentinel x400 sludge remover.

The system was flushed when it was installed. I will try again. Where do I fill from? Sealed system

i.e. When the boiler was installed on the old system. When the radiators are bled the water has a slight whitish tinge to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back