Combi boiler keeps tripping mains RCD switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have an Ideal mini C24 installed in my bathroom that's roughly 4 years old and it's suddenly decided to play up on me. For some reason it keeps tripping the RCD switch on our mains circuit braker. I've gone through the process of elimination to make sure it is definitely the boiler that's tripping it and everything in the house works fine up until I turn the boiler on. It's a bit random as to how long it takes to trip the switch, anything from immediately after igniting to 2-3 minutes of running.

I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice as to how to deal with the problem. Oh, and I've also replaced the 3A fuse to the boilers mains switch but no success. Could the solution be as simple as cleaning inside the boiler or do I need to call someone out? It's a bit dusty behind the cover, not sure if this would be the cause of the problem or whether its safe to clean?

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
probably best to call someone out, these are not exactly reliable boilers

Sponsored Links
Have you changed anything electrically in house whatsoever recently??

Other thing could be mains voltage external controls wired into this, whereas it should be volt free (they switch on neutrals) and before you say it wouldnt have worked from the off, it will have done, but put extra stress on the board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back