Combi Boiler leaking from filling tube

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!

I have a Worcester Greenstar cdi classic boiler and it's got water pouring out the filling key tube.

I refitted a radiator yesterday that had been off the wall whilst decorating, I bled the radiator and then checked the boiler and it was showing 0 pressure. In the normal way, I inserted the filling key (aligning with the open padlock) and twisted the white knob to begin repressurising. As it got towards 1.5, I turned the white knob off but the pressure continued rising and finally aettled around 4!

I since bled the radiators to reduce the pressure back to a normal level.

The issue is, whenever I turn the mains water on, water pours from the filling key tube. The pressure of this increases the more I open the mains water. I can see that there is a small hole (looks like it should be there as opposed to a crack) about halfway up the filling key tube and this is where the water is coming from.

The white repressuring knob is definitely closed, I have used a spanner to tighten.

The boiler seems to be working ok otherwise but obviously just the issue of the water coming out the bottom!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

Sponsored Links
If the fill loop is in the locked position, and continues to leak? It could be the seal has failed or there is debris stopping the seal closing. if you leave key in does that stop water leaking?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back