Combi boiler losing small amount of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Boulter Bouderas (now Worcester Bosch I think) combi boiler is normally pressurised to 1.5 bar. Over the last month it has lost 0.1 bar. Is this cause for concern or should I expect a small loss?

I have a heated towel rail in a bathroom that was getting air in it so I fitted an automatic bleed valve which has solved that problem but I guess there could be a leak somewhere causing this? The towel rail is much taller than all the standard rads and is the last in the line - don't know if that is significant.

A short while ago I moved a radiator in a bedroom and for the first time I used plastic push fit pipe. I didn't push it fully home the first time (didn't realise how hard you have to push) so got a real flood but I re-did all the joints and checked and re-checked and there was no evidence of any leaks.

There was a small seepage on another rad valve joint so I tightened it up and seem to have fixed it.

There is no obvious sign of leaks anywhere.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
it's could be the bleeding of the towel rail that is causing the pressure loss.
Do you have any corrosion inhibitor in the central heating?

No where in your post did you say that you had recharged your system after the work you did on the rads?

cud be your pressure relief valve passing slightly on the boiler wen systems hot ! have a check of the pipe that goes outside and c if theres any water dripping or passing from the end.or it still cud be your auto air vent fitted to your bathroom rad. :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks to all for advice.

I did recharge the system after refitting the rad and added inhibitor. I thought the loss could be due to the rad with the automatic vent but not sure why it keeps getting air in it?

Advice from another forum is that the loss is not significant but I should keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

From experience is it unusual to get a slight loss of pressure over time?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back