combi boiler low pressure light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having some work done in my bathroom (new suite etc) Yesterday my boiler stopped working as the pressure had dropped to 0.6 bar. I refilled it and it is fine again. Was this caused by the water being on and off all the time or is the pressure only on the radiator side of things? If so does that mean I have a leaky rad?
thanks

Sponsored Links
No the rad hasn't been removed, but it has been loosened so maybe it was low from the summer then loosening the rad was enough to trigger the low pressure warning.

Thannks

The other odd thing that I haven't seen on a boiler before is between the flow and return for the radiators is a link pipe with a gate valve at each end, what is it used for? some sort of balancing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thermostatic valves yes. And the make I don't have at the moment as I am away from the house, seem to remember it a 30cxi but can't be sure of the make. So what should the settings be on the gate valves, open closed or in the middle?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back