combi boiler making strange noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me.. our combi boiler is making a faint but annoying sort of 'screwing' noise some of the time when it's in use.

it's hard to describe the noise - like an insulated screwing noise that's quite loud when you're near the boiler though can be heard in the kitchen too sometimes as the kitchen is directly below the bathroom where the boiler is.

it's a new combi boiler and works fine - it's been making this noise for the last month or so and comes and go's....

I have recently been bleeding radiators and then re-raising the water pressure in the system and everything works ok - don't suppose this has had anything to do with it?

Thanks
Kenny

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a sort of thump, squeak, groan a couple of times a second followed by a wailing noise and a lot of water flowing?
I used to be in a conversion flat like that - very poor sound insulation.

Sponsored Links
If it's new get back the registered fitter, dont go putting chemicals in the system you may void the warranty.

it's more of a constant, faint whinning noise... but higher pitched than a whine - more like a squeeking..

it comes and go's but was on most of the evening last night..

think it's getting worse so I'll get someone in.

If it's new get back the registered fitter, dont go putting chemicals in the system you may void the warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back