Combi-boiler no hot water/good CH/no flow in filling loop

That's correct - no flow out of the right hand valve. So what is the next step to diagnose this? And would this result in both low pressure registering on the gauge (0.6 - 0.8bar) and the lack of any water out of the hot taps.

I have cold from the cold taps, but nothing at all from the hot taps.

Sponsored Links
That's correct - no flow out of the right hand valve. So what is the next step to diagnose this? And would this result in both low pressure registering on the gauge (0.6 - 0.8bar) and the lack of any water out of the hot taps.

I have cold from the cold taps, but nothing at all from the hot taps.

Following the right hand pipe (indicated in your arrow) goes to the expansion vessel, and back to where I think the mains enter the building. In the photo below, you can see the entire run of that pipe - with 2 stopcocks. I'm assuming the right-most cuts off all water to the house, then the pipe diverts to cold water for taps (up and into the wall), then continues across the room to the boiler (via 2nd stopcock and then expansion vessel). Let me know if I have this wrong.

But if I'm right, the mains diverts inside the house, and if I have flowing cold water, then I should also have mains flowing into the boiler. :confused:

That is the cold water drinking water drawoff so if you are getting cold water to some outlets , it is fine up to there , so your problem is with the other blue valve or the balanced cold water draw off next to it

Inked20210210_191008_LI.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help. Which ones are the "balanced cold water draw off" and the "combo valve"?

Thanks again!

Yes exactly the same thing it is a combination valve, but the manu refers to it as the balanced feed cold water draw off, so I simply called it that so you would recognise it in the installation manual

Great, thank you. I checked the manual - it's that thing between the second stopcock (blue handle) and the expansion vessel(?). I'll ring around tomorrow to find an engineer.

Thanks so much for all your help!

***UPDATE***
Hot water is back up and running. Thanks to @terryplumb and @ianmcd

Had a local boiler repairman come out to look at it - took a lot apart to look for blockages, including the 'combination valve' - ours is a pressure relief valve to relieve excess mains pressure. Couldn't find a single thing wrong. Only when everything was hooked back up and water flowing into the system that we got the first clue - the tank wasn't filling, so water was going somewhere.

We're in a lodge, so it's easy to access the pipes under the house. Turns out that there is a hot water spur set up at one end of the house that had been capped with an isolation valve (probably in anticipation of an extension or other external building). The frost must have pushed the iso valve off the end of the plastic pipe - there was water gushing out, and the valve just lying on the ground.

Valve reattached to an empty/dry pipe and now lagged, so hopefully won't happen with next freeze. Tank filled up and had a hot shower for the first time in days. Lovely.

Thanks again!

Glad your sorted ,thanks for letting us know. Didn't you notice the indoor swimming pool ?:LOL::LOL::LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back