Combi boiler not heating water or radiators!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Ive got a multi baxi combo boiler and for the last few days it has worked but it made a noise every 30 minutes or so.... I was quite worried and was going to wait until pay day to get a plumber in.

I went out this morning, and just returned to no hot water and no heating.

I've flicked through the manuel and it appears to be a problem with "fault on pump or low system pressure "

Now, I'm someone who has absolutely no idea what it means or how to fix it....

Anyway someone can enlighten me?

I'll do whatever it takes... I had a young child and she needs warmth... During the night it gets freezing.

If you need pictures I will upload.

Here is a link to the manuel http://www.tvha.co.uk/resident-serv...iler-manuals/Baxi Combi Instant 80e_105e.ashx

Sponsored Links
sounds like you just have low system pressure what does the guage on the boiler read / it should be between 1 -1.5 Bar

If you find the pressure low as ian said then you need to find the filling loop, open 1 of the valves and then while watching the gauge open the other valve and you will hear water going into the system, as soon as the gauge gets to 1bar turn the valve of and then the other one. If you start loosing pressure within 24 hrs check the 15mm pipe going thro the wall outside, if it is dripping,dribbling or trickling, you need to get the pressure relief discharge valve replaced.

Sponsored Links
Blimey. Pass me the violin. :rolleyes:

Every punter that comes on here trying to breathe life into their old boiler, that hasn't had a service since Adam was a boy, has several sprogs on the brink of hypothermia.

:LOL:

Anyone who gets their boiler serviced should be shown how to top up the pressure!

Thats very relevant to prevent the situation she has now!

Tony

Exactly Tony a young lady with a young child without heating or water at least let us get her heating on so she can sit warm before you start your irrelevant rubbish

Is that really a polite thing to say?

Did you learn to speak to people like that on your apprenticeship?

Exactly Tony a young lady with a young child without heating or water at least let us get her heating on so she can sit warm before you start your irrelevant rubbish

Is that really a polite thing to say?

Did you learn to speak to people like that on your apprenticeship?

Well Tony at least I served my apprenticeship as a gas service engineer and we were taught loads of things, what were you taught when you were learning to erect aerials or cant you discuss that on here as I am not a registered aerial installer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back