Combi boiler playing up since ensuite fitted - coincidence??

As I understand it with the digital shower there is no isolation valve as such ?? when the shower is turned on , it is done via a low voltage electronic signal to the box of tricks in the loft ( in this case ) which deals with all the on off's Mixing & temp ??

If my mem serves me correctly there are a number of adjustments inside the box of tricks for temp , & I beleive in some ?? for adjusting parameters for pressure ect which may or may not be relevant for combis ?? any nrv's that may or may not ?? be present would be in this box ( I would think ?) there may well be a problem with this unit ? there should be isolation valves on it generally black plastic ball o fix valves .

Sponsored Links
Bunnyman, please forgive my ignorance as I am merely a woman! I am not doubting you I just can't get my head around HOW it is happening, so to sum up the dhw to all taps goes hot and cold because somehow the water from the shower(when not in use) gets passed out through the taps?? So where is the cold water coming from when the shower goes cold??? Do you see why I am confused with what you are saying. Again I am not doubting you but I need a clear and understandable explanation, I am in no way thick but plumbing is not my strongest subject :LOL:

Shazz when it does it again leave tap runnin isolate shower if it gets hot get plumber back show him what u have done an get him to fix it

Sponsored Links
Merely a woman a ?? well rumour has it ?? that a woman designed the Wolf boiler , as fitted for Putin in the kremlin !!

a shower valve is nothing more than a mixing chamber hot & cold water enter it mix at a given ratio & comes out the shower head ! a situation can occur were cold water forces its way into the hot supply causing problems like you may be describing ? may be With the digital set up eg box of tricks in the loft something may be amiss ?? the box generally comes all sealed up with manus seals that if broken will invalidate the warranty , never looked inside one ?? but u should be able to isolate it via the supplied valves & see if the problem stops ?????

Think the aqualisa comes with a 2 year + warranty ??

To both Bunnyman and Transam,

I will try what you have said, and with regards to being 'merely a woman' it was meant in a sarcastic way, I know we are brilliant really, I should have used some appropriate smilies to relay this :rolleyes:

I like to know how things work, I dread to think how many google hours I have put into this, anyway thanks for all help and hopefully will get it sorted one way or another, shall post back with updates.

Update, tried the above suggestion and hasn't made any difference so I think I can now rule out the shower so just a coincidence after all. Looking into various options from what I have read on this forum, HE plate etc.

Once again thanks to all suggestions, when it finally gets sorted (cash flow allowing) will update again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back