Combi boiler question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking for some advice. Im hoping to be having a central heating system installed into my 2 bedroomed semi detached before Christmas. I will need 5 radiators - 2 downstairs, 3 upstairs. According to which reviews the Baxi Duo-tec 28HE comes out on top. Does anybody have any experience with this boiler? Also are there any others you might recommend as i have already had a gas fitter round to quote and he's recommending a Halstead but im not sure about that boiler.

All your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I work for baxi (heateam).....the duotec is a good boiler. There are other good boilers out there but WHICH recomended it and it has won the boiler of the year from CORGI.....although not sure that is a recomendation :D

the baxi is far better than the halsteads. Personally I think the Vaillants are the best, but they are more expensive.

Thanks i am looking at how much the valiants are and whether the parts are more expensive than parts for Baxi as they all inevitably break down at some point.

Sponsored Links
Thanks i am looking at how much the valiants are and whether the parts are more expensive than parts for Baxi as they all inevitably break down at some point.

Vaillants are more reliable and better made imo, the vaillant ecotecpro 28 is very good value and has a 3yr warranty from vhs direct, look at the glow worm ultracom too as they are good quality boilers and well priced (2yr warranty). You pay for what you get in life.

our firm fit 10 to 15 duo tecs a week n gotta be honest find them very easy to fit reliable and not full of loads of fancy bits to go wrong

baxi are very good for spares and not to bad on price for them.

but i would not put too much faith in 'which' just because they say a boiler is good or bad does not make it so.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the 'CORGI boiler of the year'. Knowing how CORGI operate, the best boiler of the year is probably down to which manufacturer pays them the most money to say this :eek:

Baxi Duo-Tec is just a Biasi with a Giannoni HE, all made in Italy in the same factory.

Badge engineering again. :rolleyes:

scrap what i just said. now i remember why i don't fit baxis anymore.

they made a boiler called the baxi 133he plus. what a shower of **** that was. they experimented on the general public with a **** poor design and the end user had to the price when it all started to fall apart.

Go back one model further Mehran, the 130. THAT was the biggest pile of ****e that they ever made :rolleyes:

Baxi Duo-Tec is just a Biasi with a Giannoni HE, all made in Italy in the same factory.

Badge engineering again. :rolleyes:

I am quite sure that it is not a Biasi! All the internals are different!

All the Band A Biasi use the Giannoni HE like pretty much all the other boilers apart from Ideal, Vokera and Worcester. I have yet to see a failed Giannoni, not even one of the plastic ones!

I would expect the Duotec is made at the same alpha-ocean factories where all the performas and other baxis are made.

Tony

scrap what i just said. now i remember why i don't fit baxis anymore.

they made a boiler called the baxi 133he plus. what a shower of s**t that was. they experimented on the general public with a p**s poor design and the end user had to the price when it all started to fall apart.

lets not forget the bahama (so named because you'll have to move to the bahama's if you want to stay warm with this boiler) and the barcelona both of which were designed by a ******.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the 'CORGI boiler of the year'. Knowing how CORGI operate, the best boiler of the year is probably down to which manufacturer pays them the most money to say this :eek:

:

glad to see others think that too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back