COMBI BOILER SHUTTING DOWN.... PLEASE HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone is able to help.

I have a Baxi 100 Combi boiler (Bahama edition) and there seems to be a problem.

The boiler fires up each time hot water is requested from the taps / shower, however, it only fires up for about 15 seconds before shutting off. As a result the water turns cold. The pressure looks ok (it's about 1.5).

I would be extremely grateful for some advice if anyone could provide any advice.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
few questions Mr Two posts :LOL:

1 does the boiler re fire after a while or just stay off?

2 if you turn the tap off wait a min then turn it back on does the boiler fire

3 does it work in central heating mode OK?

Hi, thanks for your reply -

1) Yes it does re fire after a while, about every 5 minutes. (The water runs hot and cold.)

2) Yes, if I turn the tap off and then back on again, the boiler does fire up again - but the cycle of going off after about 20 seconds repeats.

3) I'm afraid it does not work any better in (combined) taps & central heating mode. The rads are luke warm at best.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry, a bit confused. Hope this info is what you are after......

There is a selector switch that has 3 positions.

1) Taps, 2) Off, and 3) Taps and CH.

When I have the switch in the Taps and CH position and the radiators open the boiler does not fire up. It does fire up temporarily if i turn the hot taps on for water.

sorry to cry off this one but it is very hard to picture whats going on via a forum, would advise you contact a baxi approved engineer for this one as its looking quite involved now sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back