combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, just had a new combi boiler installed, plumber will not wire it. the new boiler is in the same place as the old one, the flex will reach, the fuse rating is the same in the fused outlet for both old and new, the earth bonding is 6mm2 across the pipes/6mm2 back to the cu. am i legally required to get an electrician to do it, or can i do it myself? [ps the boiler is in the kitchen]

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm concerned it is a like for like replacement, and therefore not notifiable to LABC. (i.e. you can legally DIY)

You obviously had a technically squeamish installer, did he have a clouseau twitch and pooh'd his pants at every loud noise :LOL:

DIY no problem.

thanx guys, i was a bit surprised myself by the plumbers attitude to the electrics , considering he took the wires out, thats what led me to believe i needed a leccy to do it and issue some sort of a certificate. anyhoo, thanx for your help guys, what a great website

Sponsored Links
He must be a twit, how can he check the burner pressure flue gas analasys, gas rate the boiler, check flaim failure device if it isn't powered up. Can't complete Benchmark, can't notify, can't register guarantee. You haven't paid him have you? Or did his estimate state he would do half a job?

no, no, havent paid him, hes coming back after the electrical side is done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back