combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just bought a glowworm 24kw betacom condensing boiler. cost £400 gonna cost around £150 to fit. just want to know if itl be enough to run 7 rad system and give good hot water. hope i hav.nt done the wrong thing. but cheapest quote i had was £1300. any advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hopefully your getting a gas safe engineer to instal it for you although i very much doubt it for £150

Aaaaaagh, a quality job then......

YGWYPF

I do hope that the £150 includes a full system flush, Scale Reducer (if in a hard water area), corrosion inhibitor (to the manufacturers requirements), compliance with Building Regs (in case you want to sell the property), room-thermostat etc wired in. Adequately sized Gas supply to appliance, etc etc ad nauseum.

That would leave enough for the GasSafe registered installer to carry on until the first tea break. He is Gas Safe registered isn't he....

Sheez :rolleyes:

Oh, the appliance will produce approx 9.5 l/min at a temperature rise of 35degrees. Water pressure/flow-rate permitting. This has been checked I presume?

DH

thanks for advice. will take on board.. everything should be in place though. as its just a straight swop. no re routing.you still think its too cheap. should i get confirmation of his .credentials . he reckons he.s gas safe. and the price is just his day.s labour.

Sponsored Links
just had my boiler replaced nigh on like for like in terms of position etc and that set me back £250

I saw a £400 install advertised on Ebay.

I messaged him to ask if that included power flushing, guess what? "No".

The reality is that unless the boiler is fitted to a cleaned system it will give problems. Just search and see how many posts are on here about hot water going hot/cold.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back