Combi recomendations

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Yes, we have all told you your Worcester is a fairly reliable boiler if the system water is clean.
Worcester ® ?

Get Worcester in on a fixed price repair. You probably end up with a new diverter and fan plus a years warranty and it could prove cheaper than buying the parts yourself. Unlike Soggy most engineers hate working on the CDi's.

If you decide to get someone in you could still simulate having worked on it, by hacking at your wrists and backs of hands with blunt knives. :idea:

Sponsored Links
Gasguru said:
Get Worcester in on a fixed price repair. You probably end up with a new diverter and fan plus a years warranty and it could prove cheaper than buying the parts yourself. Unlike Soggy most engineers hate working on the CDi's.

last customer I recommended this to was quoted £185 including up to 3 parts (about 4 weeks ago) as I wont touch worcesters except a basic service if I am pushed.

They decided to get someone else to do it local and ended up paying £230 :eek:

My diagnosis was a diaphragm, but for some reason this other firm told them that you cannot replace a diaphragm and have to have a complete diverter valve :rolleyes:

Robster_1981 said:
Problem found, I hope!

Spoke to Worcester's technical helpline, and they assure me the diverter valve is at fault. The pin that operates the micro switch is not moving out far enough when taps are turned on, and if you operate the switch manually...hey presto, the boiler fires up for hot water.

I've been told that the diaphragm can be repalced and due to cost, i'm leaning towards this. Is that wise?

My dad still thinks i should just get a new boiler, but i think thats way over the top

the diaphragm is easy enough to change but just hope you dont get a hamfisted donkey, with the touch of a rapist, to do it. the 24cdi needs a gentle touch.

the leak on the plate h/e will be fixed at the same time as its easier to remove that when you do the diaphragm.

personally if you have the money i would ditch the boiler as its definately worcesters worst model......leaky sieve comes to mind.

I'm really grateful for all the replies!!

I've decided to get the diaphragm changed and see whether that cures it. seems like the best solution for our circumstances, as we had absolutely no problems at all up until this point (apart from a noisy fan :rolleyes: )

Seems like the most logical choice (no spok jokes please :LOL: )

I thought i'd put a close to this thread because I received a lot of useful advice!!

I went down the repair route in the end, bought a new diaphragm and fan from www.keeptheheaton.com (£107 including o' ring kit) and fitted them myself. The boiler is now working very well indeed and i can't believe how quiet it is (lived with it for 2 years with a noisey fan!)

I have to say though, it wasn't as much of a difficult job as i was anticipating. Ok, it was a little awkward at times, but nothing too painful (it still took me 4 1/2 hours :oops: ). I had slight problems with the pressure relief valve that relieved the pressure down to 0!! but all is sorted now

Thanks to all who suggested repairing the old girl...i'm glad that i did
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back