What Combi Boiler ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have always have had a cheapy Ferroli for about 14 years and it's only played up once/twice as its a VERY simple set -up and simple to work.

I am looking at replacing back boiler/tank etc with a new condensing combi.

What do you guys recommend, it's for a small 3 bed, so 24Kw would be enough.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
This is the most commonly-asked question on here, do a search for the full range of answers

I recommend Intergas, if you want a 24kW you then you need the Combi Compact HRE 24/18

Cheers i will have a look, plenty of people on a non diy forum recommending VAILLANT ECOTEC PRO 24 COMBI BOILER

I just looked at the sysytem it's ike a supercomputer !!!

Can not even see how to fill/top up CH sysytem !!!!

There is no filling loop ??

My Ferroli 701 is basic and so simple...

The Ecotec Pro is the bottom of the range Vaillant and IMHO isn't worth the money you have to spend to buy one. You're quite correct, there's no filing loop on it, you have an external one. That's not necessarily a bad thing though - external loops are more reliable and cheap to replace if they ever do spring a leak

Sponsored Links
The Ecotec Pro is the bottom of the range Vaillant and IMHO isn't worth the money you have to spend to buy one. You're quite correct, there's no filing loop on it, you have an external one. That's not necessarily a bad thing though - external loops are more reliable and cheap to replace if they ever do spring a leak

Why is it not worth the money, what is the benefit of a more expensive type ?

Cheers

Why is it not worth the money, what is the benefit of a more expensive type ?

Cheers

I actually suggested a cheaper boiler rather than a more expensive one, but one that is also better. You should find that the Intergas is about £120 cheaper than the Ecotec Pro, but even if they were the same price I'd still rather have the Intergas in my own house.

Take a look at the W.H 80 or 90 model from ravenheat

nice looking boiler 7 year warranty , whisper quiet , very well thought out for servicing & maintenance with access ect

No plastic/composite all brass/ metal manifolds

Heat exchanger manued by Audi

I've never understood why some people in our trade get their c*** out at the suggestion of involvement from the motor industry. Look what happened to the idea of rubber hoses.

I've never understood why some people in our trade get their c*** out at the suggestion of involvement from the motor industry. Look what happened to the idea of rubber hoses.

good point may be ??

Intergas heat exchanger afaik was cast or is cast by mercedes?? or some german car manu ?

Fernox boiler buddy flitration was designed or based on F1 oil filtration ?

:)

WB make a made a point of there stir /friction welded heat exc on the new compact , 1 boiler manu has been using this tech on there heat exc's since 1997

:)

Intergas HEX is cast at their own factory.

Now what would be cool is if they did a dual stage burner like Rinnai ;).

there was some car manu in-put at the beginning in the design stage or ??

bloke told me at Atmos seen a video if I remember correctly ?

Intergas HEX is cast at their own factory.

Now what would be cool is if they did a dual stage burner like Rinnai ;).

there was some car manu in-put at the beginning in the design stage or ??

bloke told me at Atmos seen a video if I remember correctly ?

(might have been skoda ? lada ?moskavitch ? only joking :) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back