Before we pay the fella - is this cobblers?

Chris is registered!

The situation is very simple.

This guy has conned you and obviously intentionally. He is not CORGI and has fitted an old clearance boiler thats illegal to fit in your house.

Now you have found him out, he wants to retrieve the situation and to take your money and get his CORGI mate to fill in the documents for him which is ILLEGAL !

Its ILLEGAL for the unregistered guy to actually fit the boiler and its ILLEGAL for his mate to "sign it off".

We are all genuine CORGI registered on here ( apart from BOB Dole who used to be ) and we not only resent the unregistered who illegally fit boilers but also homeowners who knowingly encourage them by employing them to do illegal work.

The only correct solution is for you to get the genuine CORGI to fit a condensing boiler and complete the documentation properly.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Chris is registered!

The situation is very simple.

This guy has conned you and obviously intentionally. He is not CORGI and has fitted an old clearance boiler thats illegal to fit in your house.

Now you have found him out, he wants to retrieve the situation and to take your money and get his CORGI mate to fill in the documents for him which is ILLEGAL !

Its ILLEGAL for the unregistered guy to actually fit the boiler and its ILLEGAL for his mate to "sign it off".

We are all genuine CORGI registered on here ( apart from BOB Dole who used to be ) and we not only resent the unregistered who illegally fit boilers but also homeowners who knowingly encourage them by employing them to do illegal work.

The only correct solution is for you to get the genuine CORGI to fit a condensing boiler and complete the documentation properly.

Tony

STILL AM REGISTERED and have Been for 15 years argil so less of the slander are there will be another hanging.

Tony

Thanks. I know you're right - this is what we'll do.

I guess we've just tried to give him the benefit of the doubt throughout, which is daft given what he's said and done.

Most people on here seemed to be of the opinion that we ought to hear him out before going off on one. When we spoke to him yesterday, we said our two concerns were getting the wrong boiler and having the appropriate corgi bits in place. He (fairly convincingly) addressed both of those in our minds. It's only by coming on here that you find out it's illegal for his mate to sign off his work - that's something we'd never have known to question (and I've not found that explicitly spelled out on the CORGI website yet). So thanks again for the excellent advice we've had on here.

Next debate - do we shop the fella to corgi or leave him to quietly skulk away? (assuming he does go quietly!)

shop him! If he was claiming to be a doctor and working on your child unqualified and unregistered what would you do?

Sponsored Links
Proper corgi has been! Says the pipework looks reasonable enough and is getting us prices for sorting this out, looking like a grand or so to replace with an ariston boiler, which he reckons is one of the better boilers in its price bracket. Depends on whether the gas pipe that the dodgy bloke fitted is OK or not.

He also confirmed what you've all said about signing off other people's work etc and reckoned that our dodgy plumber probably got hold of that Halstead Ace High for £300 or thereabouts.

Reckons he would have charged us prob 1600 to do the conversion from the start, so we were paying the full going rate to dodgy geezer but getting a cheap boiler, illegally installed.

Proper corgi has been! Says the pipework looks reasonable enough and is getting us prices for sorting this out, looking like a grand or so to replace with an ariston boiler, which he reckons is one of the better boilers in its price bracket. Depends on whether the gas pipe that the dodgy bloke fitted is OK or not.

He also confirmed what you've all said about signing off other people's work etc and reckoned that our dodgy plumber probably got hold of that Halstead Ace High for £300 or thereabouts.

Reckons he would have charged us prob 1600 to do the conversion from the start, so we were paying the full going rate to dodgy geezer but getting a cheap boiler, illegally installed.

exactly! Ask him to quote for a glow worm ultracom as these are far superior to the aristons. ;)

Here we go again.

I am a layman and as things stand, I can spell 'statement'.

Vinno don't get us started back down this route again, especially in this case the trades description comes into play as the guy has pertained to be CORGI registered, has fitted a band D boiler and lied saying it is ok to fit it, he then says he will get a CORGI in to register the work (this is definately contrary to the Gas Regs, his CORGI Registration and above all the MI's for the boiler fitted as they quote you need to be CORGI registered to fit in the first place) the only answer is to get a CORGI to fit a new boiler using water pipes if he is happy to do so, renew all altered gas pipe entirely, see what the bill is, pay it and if out of pocket sell the band D boiler to make up the difference, then tell the dodgy guy and his dodgy CORGI mate to F**K OFF,

re check you gc. number is it 4733319

if so you have "a" rated condensing combi halstead ace 24he

even if it is the right boiler we have confirmed it wasn't fitted by the right guy so get him sorted out

Ah this old argument, i'm corgi registered......I can fit boilers thru my work corgi but as soon as I fit one for a friend im deemed incompetant!

Sorry - I was just a bit bored yesterday and hoped that I could divert myself from the so called "professional" :evil: that has nicked £20 million case!

And you lot moan about non-registered people - well I suppose that they could kill you!

My shiny newish WB boiler is also giving me gip and I suspect that WB find it easier to blame the installation rather than the boiler :cry: and yes it was installed by a corgi bod.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back