Combi boilers without a diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had any experience of them ? I am in dire need of a new combi and I am sure these are available now

Edit ...Intergas ..Anyone fitted one and how long have you had it running ...Tis the 40kw one I am interested in

Sponsored Links
I made the jump from WBosch to intergas 5 years ago, not had a single issue. moving house and will put another intergas in as soon as we can. still not that well known, but installers are beginning to specify them. i really cannot see the downside. they used to be a lot cheaper too, but less so nowadays..probably still about 200 quid ess than the equivalent WB. They work by having just one heat exchanger but both HW and CH pipes are in the same exchanger. you can also run each system on its own.

Sponsored Links
Many engineers have been fitting them for several years.

You post as if they are unknown.

Tony

There have been lots of dual pass heat exchangers, ferroli have been particularly keen, I prefer a Cdi green star Worcester myself, the diverter is so simple. Just my personal opinion though and won't be shared by many. The only intergas I have ever seen was in a skip where an ex colleague had replaced it in a house he bought so I don't have any working experience of them.

They work by having just one heat exchanger but both HW and CH pipes are in the same exchanger. you can also run each system on its own.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Intergas.

But for the purpose of balance I'd like to say that Worcester Bosch made their iJunior models with a bithermic heat exchanger from around 1998, discontinued many years ago. Ferroli have been making Bithermic combis for many many years, even Potterton made a combi without a plate and diverter valve in the 1980s, using a twin pipe heat exchanger.

I'm just fitting an ACV Heatmaster which also doesn't have a plate or a diverter.

Nothing new, then.

But for the purpose of balance I'd like to say that Worcester Bosch made their iJunior models with a bithermic heat exchanger from around 1998

Using a Leblanc heat exchanger, always nice for the tat man

Yes, and they always know which ones have the copper fins HEX inside. Can't read or write, but can smell copper a mile off.

Lots of happy Intergas fitters on here @Slogger, very good reliable boilers, easy to work on and not a plastic hydroblock or rubber gas pipe in sight

The 40kW doesn't give you any more hot water performance than the 36/30

Have one at home... would fit one to relative's houses if they burnt oil.... as it is though, only one has a gas boiler. When that dies, an INtergas is going in.

I fitted my first Intergas two weeks ago. Much as I love my ATAGs, the Intergas is still a lovely little boiler and seems nice to work on and easy to service..I have confidence in them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back