Combi install cost?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Gloworm CH system installed (not combi). Its about 2 years old.

I want the storage cylinder upstairs in the bathroom removed to give me more room in the bathroom.
And the boiler outside removed.

I've bought a Combi Worcester 28SI with the loopback, flu and digital temp thing for the wall.
So I want this installed instead.

I've had a quote for £1,000 to have the work done. Sounds a bit high. Whatdayathink?

I live in Wirral if that makes a difference to pricing *shrug*

Sponsored Links
I think it sounds about right. If you want it done properly, with no breakdowns and callbacks then it takes time to do this.

I am sure you can get someone to do it for about half this price, but you may well find that your new boiler breaks down within weeks, the manufacturers aren't interested and you can't get the installer back.

Considering that you are relying on this device for all heating & hot water with no emergency fall back it pays to get the job done professionally and that isn't cheap.

Hope it goes well for you :)

Sponsored Links
I want the storage cylinder upstairs in the bathroom removed to give me more room in the bathroom.

It'll give you things other than more room. I hope you like your boiler service man, you may see a lot more of him with a combi.

Thanks guys.

I'm not worried by frewuent engineer visits. I pay British Gas £25 per month for that breakdown cover thing they do.

Which raises a question. Why do they advertise the service for £15 on the internet and TV yet somehow they swing it to £25 when you sign up?
Going to have to call them...

In answer to Phil D, cos when they cant fix the boiler after say 6 visits WITHOUT PARTS which have to be ordered and hopefully arrive the next day, they call me and i sort the boiler in just 1 visit, however im not cheap!
the boiler technician.

boiler tech when you have been around gas heating long enough you may learn about a thing called modesty until then go back to school and learn about eating humble pie you will get plenty of portions by the sound of it :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back