Combi Maxin 24e water leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Screenshot_20200127_171901.jpg
Hi my combi has devolped a leak it only seems to leak when the boiler is off and cold (unless it's evaporating) when hot, it's only a slowish, please see picture for location, it seems to be coming from the nut on the base of the pump

Do i need to either tighten up the nut or is it maybe a washer in the nut needs replacing ?

Any help advice will be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
It could be the washer in there that is perished but not the most common place, the part I have marked for you is the Automatic air vent, very common for that to weep, and run down the pump, check that for signs of leaks first. aAnd for future reference your boiler is a Vokera Maxin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200127_171901.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 230
Thanks for the reply just noticed I uploaded the same pic twice. So here is the pic of the leak.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200127_210735_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200127_210735_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 98
Sponsored Links
Ian thanks so if it's the automatic air vent is it an easy fix?
If it still has the dust cap just close it down and it will stop leaking, if that is where the leak is and you want to replace it not a big job

Thanks Ian yeah it does look fairly easy to replace, if it's the perished washer in that nut don't suppose you have any idea of type and size just I'll pick one up before I start. Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Just checked and you are bang on its the auto air vent running down the pump, ebay has got them for a tenner

Just checked and you are bang on its the auto air vent running down the pump, ebay has got them for a tenner
Nice one , just screw the little black plastic plug on the top down, it will stop it leaking until you can swap it out, wont harm the boiler in any way

Ian do you think I'll be able to unscrew the vent by hand without removing the pump?

I've screwed the cap down so hopefully it will stop it until I fit the part

Thanks

you wont need to remove the pump, sometimes the are just hand tight, might need a wee nip with grips first then will come out by hand, if you have big boy hands dont usually need grips, remember you have to drain the boiler first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back