combi problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi boiler gives plenty hot water when my heating is switched of but when i switch the heating on it runs cold (flow switch?) all help welcome

Sponsored Links
ball.jpg
:rolleyes:

This will be interesting as its quite an unusual situation.

I hope the poster has really described it correctly.

Tonyt

Agile said:
This will be interesting as its quite an unusual situation.

I hope the poster has really described it correctly.

Tonyt
Maybe priority HW signal not working???

Sponsored Links
salmon said:
My combi boiler gives plenty hot water when my heating is switched of but when i switch the heating on it runs cold (flow switch?) all help welcome

Given the following formula:-

Amount of help is directly proportional to the amount of information given by the OP

I can safely deduce that your boiler is knackered and needs fixing

Switch the heating off when you need hot water

The primary flow switch on some boilers when the diaphragm is getting stretched will make for heating but not hot water as the extra resistance to flow in the dhw circuit makes the difference. The way to trick these boilers is to call for heating then turn on a tap, the DV swicthes over without losing the instruction to the burner provided by the primary flow already activated by heating demand.

My diagnosis is new primary diaphragm, possible pump is tired, possible dhw heat exchanger is sludged up, but diaphragm will likely fix it for now.

Paul, the strength of push by the primary flow switch varies greatly between boiler models and the heating circuit restrictions.

Some models push harder in CH and others in DHW. Thats not helped by those customers who turn off individual radiators.

I expect the flow switch is involved in this case but as the OP has disappeared then we will probably never know.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back