Combi: Simple as ABC really

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening

Previously posted about quality of combi instalation and was slaughtered by the British Plumbers Federation so I'll tread carefully now!

Seriously it was a good job and I'm happy, but..

The guy was a one man band and is now in hospital so I would very much appreciate your expertise on simple questions that I can't answer from the manual.

The combi is Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI.

1. There is a programming dial but I don't know how to set it. Can anyone help?

2. When you prog the boiler is it the equivalent of switching it off and on or does it stay on and just ignite the boiler at the appointed time?

3. Either way if you prog the boiler does the heating temp depend on the room thermostat/boiler thermostat?

4. I was originally told that I could only prog heating with this boiler. Does this mean that there will be no hot water during the programme times?

5. Can someone explain the relationship between the room thermostat and the dial in the boiler itself (I note that the boiler temp as indicated is usually different to the room thermostat temp)

6. In essence are the new thermostatic valves on the radiators a waste of space or do they have a function?

Sorry to be painfully obvious but short of visiting the poor guy in hospital I'm floundering a bit.

Many thanks

L

Sponsored Links
1. There is a programming dial but I don't know how to set it. Can anyone help?
Try User Guide as I assume its the internal one, try WB web site if you have not got one

2. When you prog the boiler is it the equivalent of switching it off and on or does it stay on and just ignite the boiler at the appointed time?
Shockingly, it turns the heating on, depending upon the RS temp

3. Either way if you prog the boiler does the heating temp depend on the room thermostat/boiler thermostat?
Ultimately the Boiler stat. The rads will not get hotter than the temp of the water coming out of the boiler. Although you done want the room to be hot either

4. I was originally told that I could only prog heating with this boiler. Does this mean that there will be no hot water during the programme times?
Its a combi, HW is on demand 24/7. The program times for HW are possibly for pre-heat.

5. Can someone explain the relationship between the room thermostat and the dial in the boiler itself (I note that the boiler temp as indicated is usually different to the room thermostat temp)

6. In essence are the new thermostatic valves on the radiators a waste of space or do they have a function?
They have a function

If you do go to see him take him some grapes

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back