Combi/System Boilers and Their Working Principles??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just looking for some good websites or material on the ins and outs of boilers and their workings?

I've seen the obvious ones when you google, but they are all manufacturer related, and I am after more in depth information on every single part, what it does, how it does it, what it's made of etc..

Any hidden gem websites anyone knows out there?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Since there are so many different boilers that would be difficult.

Also why would anyone want to pay to host a web site with that info and how would it benefit them?

I will write one if it would give me some benefit!

Do you mean......

part Pump
what it does Pumps water
how it does it Impeller spins
what it's made of etc.. Metal with plastic parts

I purchased the british gas 'aspect big book of boilers' i found it very informative.i think there is now a volume 2,could be what you are looking for.

Sponsored Links
It would help if you told us what you are going to apply the findings to e.g. choose one, install one, general interest, become a heating engineer, write a dissertation on boilers.........

Hi thanks for the replies and sorry I didn't get back to the post for a while.

To Mr Smyth, yes, that exactly, it seems I am p*ssing in the wind to find info like that :)

Thanks oss I will have a look on Amazon for some books, didn't think to look for books.

To Bengasman, I am an apprentice at the moment coming to the end of my 3rd year, starting my 4th in September. The 4th year is all gas work related, not all about boilers but I would like to learn for 2 reasons, to get ahead in class and be able to relate to things the tutor says on boilers, and because at the end of my apprenticeship I plan to do boiler servicing and repairs on the side. I fixed my GFs parents boiler a couple of times, thermacouple and microswitch, and I just find it interesting. I'd like to be able to arm myself with alot of knowledge from now and when I become gas safe registered so I can service and repair with ease (hopefully).

Aspect is what your after went from basics to in depth . Only thing was it went into a bit of company politics for a while

...and because at the end of my apprenticeship I plan to do boiler servicing and repairs on the side..
Start going through service and installation manuals, and make sure you understand the basics of electricity in practice as well as theory.

You won't be able to do anything on the side until you are registered, not legally anyway. As it will take a while, don't forget to learn about sales and marketing if you want to go out on your own. We are in the worst recession in living memory, and you may have a bit of job getting worthwihile customers as a new business.

This one might be of interest.

51YCQH384PL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Central-Hea...ers-Finding/dp/0954601319/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

Or this one.

41S0SBFDR9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Central-Heating-Fault-Finding-Repair/dp/0954601300/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2

And once you are qualified get one of these
51Hbu%2BWXMOL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Domestic-Central-Heating-Systems-Controls/dp/0750664363/ref=pd_sim_b_2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back