How a combi boiler works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You were asked what's a combi a combination of, you said it was a combination of a boiler and a water heater. Then you said it wasn't a boiler. So what is it a combination? of seeing as your first answer made no sense.

Tell me why is is called a 'combi boiler' and I'll tell you. ;)

Come on guys, Joe never answers any questions after he's been shown to talk bol-locks.
I asked him yesterday to state the essential difference between a neutral and a live conductor, and he even ducked that simple question.

What has that got to do with combi boilers?

As far as that dopey question goes, it depends which way the generator is turning. Turn it the other way and the polarity changes. Something to do with the ramp voltage sine wave I'd guess but I can't be bothered to Google it. No-one really knows what electricity is anyway. Maybe Gasbag can tell us?

Come on guys, Joe never answers any questions after he's been shown to talk bol-locks.
I asked him yesterday to state the essential difference between a neutral and a live conductor, and he even ducked that simple question.

There's none, A neutral is a live conductor..... to be pedantic
Sorry Ben I couldn't resist :D

Matt

...There's none, A neutral is a live conductor..... to be pedantic
Feel free, Matt; since you're so polite, I'll grant you another try as you are quite wrong in part of your statement.

Feel free, Matt; since you're so polite, I'll grant you another try as you are quite wrong in part of your statement.

don't think so Mate
do you mean whats the essential difference between a neutral and a line conductor,

Neutral is tied to earth

Matt

don't think so Mate...
I know so. ;) (give me your email and I'll tell you)

....do you mean whats the essential difference between a neutral and a line conductor....
No, I mean exactly what I said.

...Neutral is tied to earth...
Sometimes, but more often it is not.

....do you mean whats the essential difference between a neutral and a line conductor....
ok you said
state the essential difference between a neutral and a live conductor

as neutral is a live conductor then how can there be a difference?

but I knew what you were trying to say hence the pedantic remark
I still refer to line as live even though it's technically wrong to do so

...Neutral is tied to earth...
Sometimes, but more often it is not.

the neutral point is always tied to earth on the supply side whether directly or via an impedance
it is never any other way unless there is a fault
also neutral conductors are coloured blue (or black in old colour standards)
line conductors are coloured brown (or red in old colours)
fuses/mcb are also used to interupt line and not neutral in electrical installations

that just about covers it
with respect mate, it will be easier if you tell me where you think I am wrong

ok you said
state the essential difference between a neutral and a live conductor

as neutral is a live conductor then how can there be a difference?...
I'll email you the answer if you want, but as it is such a nice one to expose fakers, I won't put it on the open forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back