combi tap water slow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there , I have an ideal logic plus 24 combi , the pressure dropped and boiler cut out. I set pressure to 1 bar which was same as it has always been. All seemed fine till I turned on hot taps and saw that although it’s coming out hot it’s much slower than it’s ever been Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Have you inadvertently partly closed the cold water isolation valve whilst topping up the Boiler pressure ?

Mmmm is it blue by chance ? I know on the filling loop there are 2 black valves and there is a blue valve that sits behind them

Sponsored Links
Hope you can see it

Attachments

• 532281A1-2F6A-466B-82C4-FCAC78AF90B2.jpeg
    532281A1-2F6A-466B-82C4-FCAC78AF90B2.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 69
Yes the blue handle is the cold feed isolator. It appears to be in the open position ,did you operate it when topping up pressure ??

No , don’t know if this helps but cold water pressure at taps still good , it’s just the hot water that’s so slow , does a flow regulator work with just the hot or both ?

Last edited:
Has cold water taps pressure dropped also ?
Are all hot taps in the premises affected ?

Opening the filling loop alone ,wouldn't cause hot water flow to reduce. So it appears to be coincidental and you have another issue ,filter needs cleaning maybe. When was boiler serviced last ?

Last October I think , is it possible for a novice to clean filter or is it for the experts ?

Probably wise to get an engineer ,it could be other issues within the boiler ,plate heat exchanger obstructed ,bits broken off . Working inside the boiler isn't DIY I am afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back