Combi to fit into standard kitchen cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a combi boiler to into a standard kitchen cupboard.

Some boiler are small, but with the addition of pipework/filling loops etc, need an enlarged cupboard to house the pipework.

Cupboard size is 720 high, and 290 deep

Any suggestions of a reliable combi that meets these needs? Needs to be around a 28kw, also running a thermo bar shower, so needs a decent DHW output.

Sponsored Links
maybe a vaillant 428? you`ll find the sizes on the vaillant web site

opps my bad just see the word combi

Sponsored Links
Are you happy for the flue to protrude out of the top of the cupboard or do you want everything to be inside? If the latter is the case I think you'll struggle, unless your cupboard wall is an external one and you can find something with a rear-exit flue, such as the Glow-worm Flexibom Wannocks has already suggested

You'll almost certainly end up with some pipework coming out the bottom - the condensate, for example, and probably also the pressure relief. If you're going to box this in below the cupboard it'll give you more flexibility as you can have the rest of the pipes down there too, and therefore possibly more options on boilers.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I will have a look at the Gloworn Flexicom,

Flue can come out of the top, not a problem there.

The cupboard wall is external, so it can flue straight out the back, or usual elbow out the top out.

I suspect that the gas/condensate/prv will drop down the bottom and can be boxed in under the cupboard. Some combis seems to need a mass of space below, to fit in filling loops etc.

I have recently used a Ideal Independant, that is cupboard sized, but even will the flue of of the top of the units, and oversize door had to be fitted to cope with the pipework below inc filling lops etc. The Logic + may be a little more compact with inbuilt filling loop.

il

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back