Combi under a worktop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know a condensing combi which will fit, with proper clearances, under a worktop?
Flue to go straight back through the wall.

Sponsored Links
952mm height needed officially. Space usually 870.

Looking for one where flue goes out from the body of the boiler rather than an elbow at the top.

Sponsored Links
What about the Keston C25 ?

Withe the 50 mm UPVC flue pipes on top its not that tall I presume?

Tony

keston C25 isn't a combi ;)

But they have a new model which is, C36 I think, but I think it's taller. The versatility of the 50mm uPVC (standard waste pipe - but not ABS) flue and air ducts are a big advantage in my book. In this case the flue duct could easily be run horizontally under worktop (slight fall back to boiler of course) to be clear of problem locations.

K36 needs about 1100 tall. I know about the highflow, size of a washing machine and a bit pricey for a rented flat..!

Sorry, yes I know thats the heating only model.

The combi is the C36 as you say but having just looked it up its dimensions are 840H x 450W x 300D.

This makes it slightly taller than many other combis although the power output is quite good. But perhaps too tall to fit under worksurfaces.

I wonder if there is any market for wide boilers with the water bits to one side designed to go under work surfaces?

Tony

There was the glowworm compact series where the flue could go out from the "body" of the thing. Lots got fitted in flats near me because the windows in the block went wall to wall across the kitchen.

The Keston is 840 + about 300 for clearances..

Yes, that was a very useful boiler to use in restricted locations however its now effectively obsolete because its not a condensing boiler.

Just a comment on the type of boilers sold by merchants, I asked the manager of a merchant in north London yesterday. He replied that 99% of boilers they sold now are condensing!

Tony Glazier

The Viessmann Vitodens 100 measures 700x400x340, flue does come off the top though.

ChrisR, as an aside, why dont you ask these questions on the ARGI site members area, argi.org.uk

You will get the same people replying but it helps to make the ARGI site active and seen to be at least a good site for RGIs even if the association has largely to get going yet.

I am sure there is a demand for under the sink boilers and the internal architecture of most condensing boilers makes a rear flue exit quite easy to achieve.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back