Combi vibrates intermittently on windy days

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My combi has started shaking intermittently during the recent stormy weather almost as if air pressure is getting trapped in through the flue somehow.(sounds a little like a washing machine on spin in the next room)
If I turn the thermostat down, it stops and then runs normally when I turn it up again.

Does anyone have any theories about what's happening and what I should do about it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
With the wind blowing across the open end of the flue, perhaps the flue is acting like an organ pipe and you are hearing a low frequency resonance? If that is the cause, then a baffle to divert the wind might be a solution.

With the wind blowing across the open end of the flue, perhaps the flue is acting like an organ pipe and you are hearing a low frequency resonance? If that is the cause, then a baffle to divert the wind might be a solution.

It's more violent than just a sound. The whole boiler shakes.

Sponsored Links
can you post a picture of the outside where the flue exits?

sounds like the flue is faulty, or a flue joint not made properly, you should get a gas safe registered engineer to check the integrity of the flue , it could be dangerous

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back