combi water going cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I've got a sime planet super fs not the best combi boiler in the world but that's what I inherited when I bought the property, it has a built in storage tank that preheats the water the problem is have is that once the preheated water is used the water goes cold so I can only get a few inches of water in a bath or a short shower before it goes cold. I thought once it had used the stored water it would just revert to combi mode and heat the water as I used It, Have I got this wrong or is there something a miss if so has anyone any ideas what thanks all Cris

Sponsored Links
thanks for reply gas guru im not sure what a logica control is but theres nothing on the wall just two knobs on the boiler one for hot water and the other for summer or winter and a timer, the heating side is great can i add a storage tank to this boiler like a megaflo to help with the hot water thanks

The Logica is an optional extra that you can program how the hot water functions. If you don't have it then the next advice is to get an engineer in to look at the boiler. The storage vessel has a temperature sensor and as soon as the store drops in temp the boiler should kick in.

Once the store is depleted is the boiler still firing? Are you sure you aren't running the hot tap with too much flow? After the store is used it will provide around 10 to 12 litres per min at bath water temperature...any higher and the water will be too cool.

Sponsored Links
yes the boiler is still firing when the store is depleted The boiler can only cope with 5 mins of hot water when the shower is run. Can I fit a unvented megaflow to the combi so I have a bigger store?

Just get the boiler repaired...it will provide ample hot water for a shower...providing you aren't exceeding the limits.

Megaflo is just a trade name for a Baxi unvented cylinder.

ok thanks ill give a heating engineer a ring on monday what do you think it might be so i dont get ripped off

Why do you think we are all out to rip you off?

Do you also think that your doctor, solicitor and accountant are also out to rip you off?

I left out dentist as many are keen to rip you off !

Tony

.......Do you also think that your doctor, solicitor and accountant are also out to rip you off?

They're are some of the most corrupt, incompetent and dishonest professions out there and at £250 odd an hour you get really screwed over. I've had some truly hopeless doctors and solictors...the last one was struck off for dishonesty :rolleyes:

A few to start with :)

http://bentlawyersandcops.com/featured_lawyers.htm

Why do you think we are all out to rip you off?

Do you also think that your doctor, solicitor and accountant are also out to rip you off?

I left out dentist as many are keen to rip you off !

Tony
did i say all no don't think i did and i came on here for the first time to ask advise which gas guru did brilliantly , but Agile i must have touched a nerve and to be honest if you don't have anything intelligent to say on the matter don't bother and with a attitude like that your one i wouldnt employ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back