Combination truss and cut roof Birds mouth

Hi oldun,
Many thanks for your input. I'll try and explain it in the form of your reply
1 & 2. There are 6 infill rafters. two before a duo, two in between duos and two after.
The purpose is to faciltate a vaulted ceiling on a single storey kitchen extension. The two duos are to be clad in oak as a feature.
3.Not sure of the chord term but the tie beam is 147 x 47.
4. Overall span wall plate to wall plate ends is 4000mm.
5. Pitch of roof is 22.5.
6.No fill in bottom chords.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards

Fine until it comes time to fix the loose ceiling joists.

Reread the post my old friend.. The loose in fill rafters are to form part vaulted ceiling, consequently no ceiling joists required.
Quaint, but could look effective, providing he can work out his longitudinal braces.
Trust you are well
Regards oldun :)

Sponsored Links
Hi oldun,
Many thanks for your input. I'll try and explain it in the form of your reply
1 & 2. There are 6 infill rafters. two before a duo, two in between duos and two after.
The purpose is to faciltate a vaulted ceiling on a single storey kitchen extension. The two duos are to be clad in oak as a feature.
3.Not sure of the chord term but the tie beam is 147 x 47.
4. Overall span wall plate to wall plate ends is 4000mm.
5. Pitch of roof is 22.5.
6.No fill in bottom chords.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards

Reread the post my old friend.. The loose in fill rafters are to form part vaulted ceiling, consequently no ceiling joists required.
Yeah just reread ALL of the previous posts. Helps i guess Old Codger. :p

Quaint, but could look effective, providing he can work out his longitudinal braces.
Bracing at the vaulted part would normally lead to a diagonal 100mm x 25mm strap going right across the ceiling all the way down to the plate.

A reet pain.

Our local BC allows 12.5mm sheathing ply in place of the brace. The foam board insulation companies (celotex, kingspan etc) insist this is ok and that there is no compromise to their product.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,
Thank you for all of your input. Really useful. Thought a picture of what I'm trying to achieve would help. The first beam is in existing kitchen. There will be an additional clad beam in extension part as per my script.

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back