combined dishwasher/washing machine outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all hope you had a good christmas. I took a break from the DIY but am now back on it.

Anyway, One project I am working on is to move the dishwasher and washing machine from one side of the kitchen to the other. At the moment the dishwasher connects the the trap under the sink and the washing machine drains into its own trap and upstand pipe.

They are both being moved but they will not be anywhere near the sink. Looking in the DIY shops and online at screwfix and tool station I cannot find a combined dishwasher/washing machine outlet pipe. I can see the seperate washing machine ones that are simply a pipe connected to a p trap and a seperate trap that connects to a sink and has a connection for the dishwasher flexible. I have also found a self tapping connection for a dishwasher but if I am setting this up from scratch I dont want to do something highly convoluted and complex. Surely you can get a trap with a pipe for the washing machine and a connection for the dishwasher flexible? or am I going mad or looking in the wrong place?

Perhaps I could create two upstanding pipes using a T connection buy how would I connect a trap to this? The only taps I have seen screw directly to the base of sinks. The do not accept pipes as the compression fittings are the wrong way round.

I just wanted something neat and simple.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links
What you need is a little bit of what we in the trade call "plumbing":cool: !
Not everything comes pre-assembled!

Thanks for the reply Chris, you have solved my problem with your wonderful advice - I shall go to my nearest DIY shop and purchase some "Plumbing". :D Will the guy behind the desk understand what I am looking for? Or do I need to be more specific? not all of us have your encyclopaedic knowledge you know and I don't want to confuse anybody with the technical terms that you have used in your reply. ;)

When you move your machines, will you have enough fall on the pipe to reach the exsisting drain?

You can have 1 upstand for the 2 pipes I think its more about the distance to travel & the fall.

Sponsored Links
the best way to acheive this is to connect the two appliances into their own standpipe, like your washing machine at the moment, if you are running a waste pipe to the new point simply fit a 38mm plastic tee and 90 degree bend with a second upstand pipe and trap, if you try to connect them both into the same upstand pipe you could have problems with both emptying at the same time and spilling back up the pipe, the extra cost to fit two rather than one would probably be under £10

Thank you for your help kirkgas and diyisfun. The fall on the pipes is not a problem as I will be moving them closer to the drain.
I will use the suggestion from diyisfun and connect to standpipes using a T connection and second trap.
Thanks again Andrew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back