Combined shower and light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NO - I am not after one that is run from the same cable.
What I was wondering is if anyone has seen a single ceiling switch operated by a pull cord (or two) that can take a feed for the shower 10mm and a completely seperate feed for the light. They must be separate because of the load, and one will come of the lighting ring anyway.
The only reason that I want to do this is that the bathroom is so small that the distance from bath to door only allows for one ceiling switch width.
I can obviously rig something up to operate the shower from somewhere outside the bathroom, at worst, I was thinking of a switch in the airing cupboard, but I was just wondering of anyone had any ideas for a neat 'in bathroom' solution. I could also put another pull switch for the shower somewhere else in the bathroom (not above the bath of course !!!)
Any thoughts on any products on the market that might help ?

Sponsored Links
How about putting the light switch on the wall outside the bathroom door?

Then you can have room for the shower pullswitch in the bathroom

hands up here who actually use the shower switch?....

ever?....

I know that in 30 years i've never switched a shower off at the switch..

Sponsored Links
I would knock off the DP isolator if as was working on a shower (Mainly to prevent the RCD tripping in a split load board causing the radio to go off :LOL: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back